Sunday, March 6, 2011

we both called alma "wanda".

It becomes surprisingly hard to update a blog when the majority of your day is taken by breastfeeding. I thought that I would be able to do more computer stuff while I was nursing (and I'm sure I'll be able to in the future) but for now I'm always afraid of jostling Alma too much. Plus, I'm trying to be good about just focusing on the baby. As Americans, we have such tendencies to ALWAYS be multi-tasking and while that can be a good and productive thing, I don't want it to interfere in the first few weeks of my daughter's life. But this is me attempting to blog...


And yes, as the title of this blog says, Alex and I have both inadvertently referred to Alma as "Wanda". Poor baby - she is much much cuter than our dog. Agreed?


Speaking of Wanda, we have made the difficult decision to rehome her. I have shed a lot of tears over that this week, but have gotten to the point where I think it's the best decision. Her separation anxiety has only worsened as Alma has arrived on the scene and it's really made our long (very long) and slow (very slow) housetraining progress move back a few steps. We love her so much, but now with a baby we just don't have the resources to work with her like she needs. Heck, I don't even know that we were very good at it before the baby came.

In happier news, Alma's non-shower open house that we held last Sunday was a total success! The folks at the district coffee house were kind enough to let us take over half of their shop for the day and Alma was a total champ and allowed herself to be passed from one person to another without any fuss.


Here she's all dressed up for her party, sitting with her favorite old old man, Grampa Ron.


And this is the first family portrait that does not have her covered in birth goo, Alex having extreme bed head and me wearing a sweaty sports bra and looking very bloated. Too bad, huh?



Alex had the awesome idea to make "it's a girl!" buttons with little cigars on them, so my Mom and I made about fifty and passed them out at her party. It was fun to see everyone sporting these little pink pins and they were awesome to make. If you ever get a chance to use a button maker, seize the opportunity!


Yes, I have tried to make her ride Lincoln. Lincoln was less than pleased with the arrangement, and while I think that Alma was slightly more agreeable, her huge and immensely heavy head made the whole ordeal difficult.


And now Alma says "goodnight!"


2 comments:

  1. your life just looks fantastic.
    we're so very happy for you.
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete